IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK OR THE PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES, PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE READING THIS POST!
If you were unable to re-read the book, go here for a Wikipedia plot summary. PLEASE remember not to discuss events that occur in books 6 through 10. We’re trying not to spoil the series for those readers who are reading the books for the first time.
I’ve decided to go easy on the questions this time around so I can give you all a chance to ask your own. Here are some of the questions I chose to get the discussion ball rolling…
1. What did you think of Jason’s reaction to his first ‘shift’? (pg. 3)
2. What was your reaction to Sookie and Sam’s steamy kiss? (pg. 141)
3. Did anyone else want to stab Selah Pumphrey’s hand with a fork?
4. Is it just me or did you all have the overwhelming need to junk punch Alcide? (What? You don’t know a junk punch is?! Please click here).
5. Did you all flinch when Sookie finally revealed to Eric what had gone down between them? (pg. 214)
6. Were you able to predict who the sniper was or did it completely throw you for a loop when it was revealed?
I like men in general, and some men in specific, but when I saw them practically circle each other as they sniffed each other’s butts – excuse me, exchanged greetings – I just had to shake my head. (pg. 160)
“Should I just bite you, and end it all?” he whispered. “I would never have to think about you again. Thinking about you is an annoying habit, and one I want to be rid of. Or should I start arousing you, and discover if sex with you was really the best I’ve ever had?” (pg. 219-220)
I was sick of it—sick of being scared of the bogeyman’s dick. (pg. 223)
I nodded wordlessly. I thought, Instead of a cook-off, we could have a cock-off. Instead of a fishing derby, we could have a… (pg. 230)
Bring on your answers, questions, comments, favorite quotes, and conspiracy theories. We’re ready to get down to the nitty gritty!