IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK OR THE PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES, PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE READING THIS POST!
If you were unable to re-read the book, go here for a Wikipedia plot summary. PLEASE remember not to discuss events that occur in books 9 and 10. We’re trying not to spoil the series for those readers who are reading the books for the first time.
There was a lot going on this book. So here are some of the questions I chose to get the discussion ball rolling…
1. Talk about emotional rollercoasters! How do you all feel about Sookie’s love/hate relationship with her and Eric’s bond? (pg. 52 – 53)
2. What’s that sneaky bastard Jonathan up to? (pg. 26 – 28)
3. Well, well, well….looks like Sookie’s grandmother wasn’t as um, wholesome as we were all led to believe. What did you think about Niall’s big reveal? (pg. 58 – 70)
4. Poor Maria-Star! What a jacked up way to have your life end. Anyone else feel really upset about the way she was taken out? (pg. 97 - 99)
5. So Amelia hits for the other team. Quite inneresting. Thoughts? (pg. 112 - 113)
6. Both D and I loved that Sookie grew a pair called out Patrick Furnan. Good idea or is she bat shit crazy? (pg. 126)
7. I’m all for bad ass fight scenes. What did you think about the Were throwdown…and Sam turning into a lion…and Claudine’s bad assery…and Alcide’s pack leader declaration? (pg. 133 – 140)
8. The big Shifter reveal. Good or bad idea?
9. How’d you all feel about the Nevada vamps taking over? (pg. 159 – 179)
10. OMG…what the hell is going on in the world when you break up with a man for helping his family. I need your thoughts STAT! (pg. 185 – 187)
11. WTF is wrong with Jason. Does anyone else want to beat the daylights out of him?!?! (pg. 255 – 257)
If I ever invaded a small country, this was the woman I wanted on my side. (pg. 8)
But I knew Eric Northman quite well. (In fact, at one time I'd known him from his head to his toes, and all points in between.) (pg. 27)
I was surprised to out find there was a direct line from my palm to my, my, hootchie. (pg. 57)
I felt a lurch of desire and came very close to saying, "What the hell, take me now, you big Viking." (pg. 77)
I threw a Nora Roberts hardback at him, whacking him upside his head. (pg. 124)
"Patrick Furnan?" I said, just to be sure.
"Why are you trying to kill me?" (pg. 126)
I danced around like a demented elf, trying to stay out of the way. (pg. 135)
Impulsively, I bent to give him a kiss on the cheek. I smelled the smell that was Sam: aftershave, the woods, something wild yet familiar.
"How are you feeling?" he asked, as if I always kissed him hello. (pg. 145)
"Sitting here on your bed, smelling your scent," he said in a voice so low I had to strain to hear it. "Sookie...I remember everything."
"Oh, hell," I said, and went into the bathroom and shut the door. (pg. 182)
"I want to be first. I know that's selfish, and unattainable, and maybe shallow. But I just want to come first with someone. If that's wrong of me, so be it. I'll be wrong. But that's the way I feel." (pg. 187)
As you can see, we’ve got a lot going on in this book. Got any answers, questions, comments, favorite quotes and/or conspiracy theories? Get them off your chest and tell us what you think!