IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK OR THE PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES, PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE READING THIS POST!
Well folks we’ve finally made it to the discussion to book 10. It seems like only yesterday that me and D decided to embark on this crazy re-read journey. This also means we’re T minus 2 days from the release of Dead Reckoning! Don’t forget to stop by and enter my or D’s giveaway for book 11! Contest closes tonight.
If you were unable to re-read the book but, would still like to participate in the discussion, you can go HERE to get a quick Wikipedia refresher. Here’s a few questions and/or points to get the discussion ball rolling…
- Were you guys surprised by Amelia’s departure?
- Sookie’s gone through an enormous amount of crap which has inevitably changed her. How do you feel about how she’s changed?
- Were you sympathetic toward or angered by Eric’s confession about why he was unable to rescue her from Lochlan & Neave?
- Do you think the crew will be able to pull off killing Victor?
- There were several significant events involving Sookie’s first love, Bill (e.g. escorting him to see Caroline, finding his sister, finding out how he was made). Did any of these events change your perception about Bill?
- Four words. Smoking. Hot. Couch. Scene. Thoughts?
- What did you guys think about Hunter’s visit?
- Eric revealing inner vamp workings - Info dump or Eric’s way of showing Sookie she’s important to him?
- How about that crazy ass Appius Livius Ocella and his psychotic child Alexei Romanov?
- In true Charlaine Harris fashion, we got one hell of a final fight scene. Too much? Too little? Not enough?
“While you were with Neave and Lochlan, I suffered with you,” he said, meeting my eyes directly. “I hurt with you. I bled with you—not only because we’re bonded, but because of the love I have for you.”
-Eric to Sookie
“I love you,” he said. “Nothing you do or say will change that. If you asked me to bury a body for you—or to make a body—I would do it without a qualm.”
-Bill to Sookie
Each time I saw Eric, I felt a little more cheerful. And finally, I had my very own orgasm, a moment so explosive it was like I’d been saving up for a holiday.
“The phone is pressed to my ear. Speak.”
“Appius Livius Ocella just dropped in.”
“Fuck a zombie!”
-Call between Pam and Sookie
This was “hug Sookie” season, and no one had told me ahead of time.
Thoughts, feelings, likes, dislikes….lay it on us guys.