What’s up everyone?! I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you guys about the read-a-thon that my bloggy friend Amanda is hosting over on her site, On a Book Bender. Since I suck at repeating details I’m going to post the details Amanda used over on her site.
Feeling overwhelmed because you have too many books and not enough time to read them? The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon is just what the book doctor ordered.
From August 22nd to August 28th, I will be hosting my first ever read-a-thon: Bout of Books.
Want details? I’ve got those for you!
- Read as much as you can whenever you can between 12:00am 8/22 and 11:59pm 8/28 (your time zone).
- There is no pressure! Participate even if you can only spare a day or two, a few hours, or even just a few minutes. Use it as an excuse to read. Whatever works for you.
- I believe read-a-thons are a great way to network with fellow bloggers. Bout of Books is as much about networking as it is about reading. Get to know your fellow Bout of Books participants.
- Still working on the details, but I will try to host some challenges along the way. If you want to host your own challenge, let me know!
- I can’t afford to host a giveaway, but if YOU want to, cool. Tell me.
- On Saturday, I’ll post again with an example starting line post. You can copy my example or not. At the very least, I would like to know your goals and what books you want to read! I’ll figure out how to get around WordPress restrictions on having a Mr. Linky for posting links. There may be more Google forms.
- Keep us up to date on your progress! Post on your blog, Goodreads, or Twitter. If you’re on Twitter, please use the hashtag #boutofbooks. (Following me @BookBender will also help me keep track of you ;) )
- Questions? Email me at onabookbender[at]gmail[dot]com
- Want to sign up? Fill out the 1st form below. The 2nd form is only for people who want to host a challenge or giveaway.
- And please, tell others. My blogging reach is still pretty small, so spread the word!
Fill out the form to be added to the master list. If you want to check to make sure you’ve been signed up, visit my Bout of Books Master List page (upper right hand corner). It updates every 5 minutes, so if you don’t see your name WAIT a few minutes before re-entering your information. I tried it myself last night and it took a while before it updated. If you’re concerned about your entry, email me or tweet at me @BookBender.
There you have it folks. I believe this is the first read-a-thon I’ve ever participated in so I’m excited (and maybe a little anxious) to see how I do. Click HERE or on the banner above so you can fill out the forms you need to participate. I think you should join me on this journey my friends. Why not? You’re going to be reading anyway, right?